[UPDATED Jan 2023] In today’s article, we’ll be having a look at the highly popular fat burner in our Beyond Raw Burn MF review.
Beyond Raw is a child company of GNC. They make the same standard claims about Burn MF that you hear with most fat burners, such as:
- Improves your fat loss
- Reduces cravings for food
- Boosts mental and physical energy capacity
This brings up the question, does it work or is it just another hyped but ineffective fat burner?
We talk more about the ingredients, safety, quality, and overall value for money in the sections that follow.
Burn MF Simplified
- Contains well-studied ingredients for focus and energy
- 300mg of caffeine per serving; equaling 3 cups of espresso
- Helps you to sweat more
- Comes in different versions – including capsules and powder
- Too much caffeine can lead to negative side effects
- Missing some core ingredients
- Bacopa is a great nootropic, but it’s not that effective for weight loss
Beyond Raw Burn MF summary:
So, what do we make of Burn MF?
We’ve found it to be a decent fat burner, but not quite as good as the hype made it out to be.
To start positively, Burn MF is completely natural and transparent, which we appreciate. Burn MF also contains a few well-researched nutrients for energy and focus. Mainly, the energy kick you’ll get comes from the 300mg of caffeine.
If you look at the weight loss supplement market today, it’s clear that the tried and tested fat burners all have a few ingredients in common. These include Glucomannan, vitamin D, and Green Tea extract. None of these, however, are found in Burn MF.
Burn MF can easily be called a pre-workout rather than a fat burner. Although it’s not a bad supplement by any means, we don’t think it’s the best option on the market as far as weight loss is concerned.
What do we recommend?
>The 5 Best Fat Burners of 2023<
>The 3 Best Women’s Fat Burners of 2023<
About Beyond Raw Burn MF
Beyond Raw is a reputable brand that’s decided to take on the extremely competitive world of fat burners with its recent release of Burn MF, a stimulant-packed fat burner. It also comes in a non-stim version for those who want to avoid caffeine.
Much like other Beyond Raw products, Burn MF is filled with patented ingredients, which include everything from basic vitamins to herbal extracts.
- These ingredients are formulated to target your weight loss from different angles. Including mental focus, energy, thermogenesis, and food cravings.
Each bottle of Burn MF contains 90 capsules, lasting you a month if you take the recommended 3 capsules per day.
The most curious thing about Burn MF? Unlike most fat burners, its primary focus isn’t on burning fat – but also on:
- Enhancing your mental energy
- Boosting focus
- Helping you stay on track with your diet and avoid cravings
Sounds good! However, we’re interested if Burn MF had to sacrifice some important fat-burning ingredients in order to make way for these energy and mood-boosting herbs.
Let’s have a closer look.
How to use Beyond Raw Burn MF
The dosage instructions for Beyond Raw Burn MF are as follows:
- 3 capsules daily with or without food.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day
- Never take close to bedtime as it has high amounts of caffeine
Beyond Raw Burn MF ingredients
- Niacin – A basic yet foundational B vitamin for health and wellness. According to Examine, users should be careful when supplementing this ingredient, as it can ironically increase insulin resistance, leading to faster weight gain.
- Silician Red Orange Extract – Provides a powerful punch of antioxidants which can trigger your metabolism to burn more calories.
- OptiNOS Proprietary Blend – This blend contains ingredients like curcuma and others that have been shown to boost blood flow throughout the body. Doesn’t help with weight loss directly.
- Caffeine Blend – This is a blend of caffeine anhydrous and targeted release caffeine from coffee robusta seeds, which provides cleaner energy. Still, 300mg of caffeine per serving is a lot if you can’t tolerate aggressive amounts.
- L-Theanine (Suntheanine®) – Found in some teas and mushrooms, L-Theanine helps smoothen the jitters and other negative side effects of high doses of caffeine.
- Capsimax® – Finally, a proper weight loss ingredient! This can actually directly impact your metabolic rate, leading to faster calorie burn. (see a study on cayenne pepper)
- Methylliberine – Methylliberine is a chemical found in coffee beans, cocoa, and other herbs. It can raise your mental energy, but it’s not studied enough to be considered an effective weight loss aid.
- Piperine – Also known as black pepper extract, it helps to improve digestion of other ingredients in Beyond Raw Burn MF formula.
- Huperzine A – This is a plant compound. Although it has no direct weight loss effects, Huperzine A can affect your focus which will help you stay on track mentally.
Our Thoughts on the Ingredients
Many unusual choices in there.
We like that Burn MF is different from your typical fat burner, in the sense that it uses mood-enhancing ingredients that can increase your mental willpower.
But it’s omitted some of the best appetite suppressants and thermogenics to make way for these nootropic herbs. As a result, Burn MF isn’t the best formula around if you’re looking to avoid food cravings.
–Top 5 Fat Burners of This Year–
Since it’s a relatively new product, not many reviews have been written on Beyond Raw MF at the time of writing this. On GNC it currently has two 5-star reviews, one 3-star review, and one 1-star review.
Andrew K. said; “Works great (I’m not a scientist so my evaluation is purely anecdotal evidence) but it’s too expensive compared to other similar products. I spaced the three pill serving throughout the day (1 per major meal) so that I wasn’t dumping an insane amount of caffeine into my system.”
Nicki2Fit had a great experience and didn’t seem to get any side effects from the high dose of caffeine. She said; “Even though there is a lot of caffeine, I never feel jittery and I take all 3 in the morning on an empty stomach first thing in the am before I workout.”
Joe C. wrote: “too strong for the common user, lack of zen focus. Don’t take this stuff, unless you really want to have a bad day. Sure, it gives you the drive, but it comes with great angst that things aren’t going your way. Waste of money. Unless you’re legally fighting a battle.”
Side Effects of Beyond Raw Burn MF
Beyond Raw Burn MF uses high-quality patented ingredients, and except for the caffeine, the dosages of its ingredients are spot on.
If you tend to get jitters or crash after high amounts of caffeine, then we’d suggest exercising caution when taking Burn MF!
Some of the side effects Beyond Raw Burn MF can cause if you’re intolerant to high doses of caffeine include:
- Mood swings
- Energy crashes
- High blood pressure
- Heart palpitations
Pros and Cons of Beyond Raw Burn MF
Beyond Raw Burn MF offers a few benefits that aren’t typical of fat burners. These include improved memory and mental clarity, as well as increased muscle pumps.
It does have to sacrifice some of its fat-burning ingredients to achieve that, which results in a more balanced fat burner. One could say a jack of all trades, master of none.
- Uses high dose of caffeine to keep your energy levels topped up
- Silician Red Orange Extract has metabolism-boosting antioxidants
- Cayenne Chili Pepper is excellent for calorie burning
- Contains a lot of mood boosters to help with the mental aspect of dieting
- A variety of flavors, including “Gummy Burn” and “Orange Mango”
- Costly – $49 per month’s supply
- Missing Green Tea Extract, Chromium, and an appetite suppressant
- Not as effective as some other options in the ‘fat-burning’ department
Final Thoughts on Beyond Raw Burn MF
Beyond Raw Burn MF is a good supplement. We wouldn’t say it’s the best, because it’s missing so many of the best natural ingredients, but it does offer something unique to the fat burner market, which is improved focus and energy.
It’s a more balanced product that doesn’t focus too much on directly burning fat, but instead gives you the mental boost so you can stay on track with your diet and avoid snacking.
The ingredient quality is top-notch, there are no unnecessary fillers in the product. If you don’t mind the aggressive dose of caffeine (300mg), and the high price that puts it on par with the market-leading fat burner supplements ($49 per bottle), Beyond Raw Burn MF is worth checking out.
For the current highest rated fat burners, follow this link: https://quincandy.com/best-fat-burner-supplements/
We’ve also reviewed: Beyond Raw Chemistry Labs L-Carnitine
I took this product for the first time as a pre-workout at around 5:30 pm. I worked out but got home and had more energy than when I was working out. Needless to say, I couldn’t sleep and finally crashed out at 4:00 am. When is the best time to take this product as a pre-workout so it doesn’t affect your sleep. Should I take it 1 hour before the workout instead of 1/2 hour or should I allow more time before working out. thanks
5:30 PM is too late to take a pre-workout for some people, especially those who’re sensitive to stimulants.
In your case, it’s best to take it before 2 PM, ideally in the morning.
As for how long before a training session to take a pre-workout, perhaps try 1h before working out next time.