Here we have our Hey Girl Cleanse Detox Tea review. In this review, we’ll see if the manufacturer’s claims hold up, and if this particular product is worth the investment.
Hey Girl Cleanse Detox Tea is said to be a natural fat burner that will help your body:
- Provide relief from constipation and bloating
- Improve digestion
- Help cleanse the body of toxins
Detox Tea is 100% naturally flavored, and you also get a money-back guarantee, which is great!
However, there are some concerns about Hey Girl Detox Tea that we feel need to be addressed before you decide to go forward with the purchase of this supplement. This includes the use of a proprietary blend which prevents us from seeing the exact dosages of ingredients on the label.
Find out more in our full review below…
How to use Hey Girl Detox Tea
Taking Hey Girl Detox Tea is simple. Simply bring water to a boil and add one heaping teaspoon of leaf tea into your tea filter or tea infuser, let it steep for 5-10 minutes and enjoy after dinner or before sleep.
The longer you steep it, the stronger the effects are. It’s best to start with just 2-3 minutes as it has strong laxatives in it.
Hey Girl Detox Tea: The Ingredients
You’ll find the following ingredients in Hey Girl Detox Tea:
- Senna Leaf (Uknown Amount)
- Honey Bush (Uknown Amount)
- Rose Hips (Uknown Amount)
- Lemongrass (Uknown Amount)
- Burdock Root (Uknown Amount)
- Alfalfa Leaf (Uknown Amount)
- Milk Thistle Leaf (Uknown Amount)
- Fennel Seed (Uknown Amount)
- Ginger Root (Uknown Amount)
- Black Walnut Leaf (Uknown Amount)
- Dandelion Leaf (Uknown Amount)
- Nettle Leaf (Uknown Amount)
- Sarsaparilla (Uknown Amount)
All of the ingredients in Hey Girl Detox Tea are in a what’s known as a ‘proprietary blend’. The blend weighs 3571mg.
If you’ve never heard of the term, it might sound innocent. However, there’s a serious issue with proprietary blends – you can’t see the doses of ingredients in it.
You can only see the total dose of the blend. Which is, in this case, 3571mg.
Why is this an issue, you may ask? Because, when you don’t know the dose of an ingredient, you can’t tell if it’s effective or safe.
So that already makes it very difficult to tell if Hey Girl Detox Tea works, and if it will cause you side effects.
Okay, but what about the ingredients themselves? Do they have any evidence behind them that they can help with bloating, detoxing, and weight loss? Let’s take a closer look.
- Senna Leaf – This is an aggressive laxative. If the dose is too high, it can give you diarrhea. You’ve guessed it, we don’t know its dose in Detox Tea.
- Honey Bush – This plant contains antioxidants that may support your immune system and reduce inflammation in the body.
- Rose Hips – Rose Hips is fairly high in vitamin C, which makes it good for your skin and immunity. However, Rose Hips also make you constipated, which is something you should be aware of if you’re having digestive issues.
- Lemongrass – Lemongrass has chemicals in it that help fight bacteria and yeast. It’s also shown to reduce swelling and pain in joints.
- Burdock Root – This is another great source of antioxidants, including luteolin (reduces estrogen) and quercetin (helps relieve sinus issues). However, the unknown dose means we can’t tell if it’s effective.
- Alfalfa Leaf – Although popular in alternative medicine, Alfalfa doesn’t have a lot of evidence supporting its benefits. Besides, it’s mostly used in men with prostate issues.
- Milk Thistle Leaf – This is a liver therapeutic compound. It can help reduce liver inflammation and boost the liver glutathione levels, which is a master antioxidant that protects your cells from damage. However, some people react negatively to Milk Thistle. You’ll have to do your own research if you’ve never taken it before.
- Fennel Seed – these contain fiber and a range of nutrients that help to keep you more regular. However, you’d need to consume these in grams each day to notice the benefit. The entire Hey Girl Detox Tea weighs just above 3,5g!
- Ginger Root – Ginger is a powerful anti-inflammatory, it can also aid your digestion if you consume it before you eat a meal. Reducing bloating in the process. If you have issues with bloating and poor digestion, then Ginger is the best ingredient in Hey Girl Detox Tea by a mile. Again though, you’ll need to take it in much higher amounts than what’s found in Hey Girl Detox Tea.
- Black Walnut Leaf – This has been shown in studies to have anti-fungal properties. It’s also reported to help move parasites out of the body.
- Dandelion Leaf – Dandelion is a diuretic that makes you lose water from the body. You need to make sure to drink plenty of water with this ingredient throughout the day, as it can dehydrate you.
- Nettle Leaf – This is not the best ingredient for a ‘detox’ tea. It’s better for male health as it can reduce prostate inflammation. Granted, nettle leaf may also help reduce nasal swelling, so if you have trouble breathing through your nose at night, it’s not the worst choice.
- Sarsaparilla – This contains a bunch of plant chemicals that help reduce joint pain and itchy skin.
Our Thoughts on the Ingredient Profile
The ingredients themselves, for the most part, look good. Although some of them aren’t backed by scientific studies, many of them can actually support general health and detoxification processes – such as milk thistle and ginger.
However, these ingredients need to be taken in the optimal doses in order for them to work. This is where the biggest problem lies – Hey Girl Detox Tea doesn’t disclose its ingredient doses on the label.
As a result, we can’t recommend this for bloating, digestion, or weight loss.
Does Hey Girl Detox Tea Have Side Effects?
It’s hard to tell, some of the ingredients in Hey Girl Detox Tea (e.g. Senna Leaf) can lead to severe diarrhea if you’re sensitive to it. More so if taken in higher doses. Again, we don’t know the doses of the ingredients in this product so we can’t tell how high the risk of side effects is!
If you have any specific queries or suffer from a condition, make sure to talk to your doc before taking Hey Girl Detox Tea.
Hey Girl Detox Tea Review Summary
So that brings our Hey Girl Detox Tea review to a close.
Should you buy this supplement? Well, it depends. You really don’t know what you’re paying for here, as the ingredient doses are disclosed.
So, buying it would be a blind buy. It could work for you – some of the ingredients are good for bloating and inflammation – but if they’re underdosed then you won’t notice any effects.
Worse still, if some of the ingredients are dosed too high, that puts you at risk of side effects.
If you’re looking for safe and reliable supplement that will reduce your bloating, improve metabolism & weight loss, and help you feel healthier overall, then you may want to do more research before buying this one!
- Contains a diuretic that flushes water from your body
- A few ingredients may help with constipation
- Contains some general health ingredients that are rich in antioxidants
- Unknown ingredient doses – preventing us from seeing if they work
- Nettle leaf isn’t the best ingredient for detox or digestion
- Missing some core ingredients for weight loss and metabolism