Looking for a safe and effective supplement to help you get rid of unwanted fat naturally? PhenQ and Trimtone both claim to do just that!
In today’s comparison, we will be putting PhenQ vs Trimtone against each other to see which one is more effective at boosting your metabolism, curbing your appetite, and generally making your weight loss a healthier and more straightforward process.
Let’s kick off the comparison with a brief summary to get an idea of what you can expect from PhenQ and Trimtone.
[PhenQ vs Trimtone Summary]
There have been some changes in PhenQ and Trimtone’s formulas heading now into 2022, but both are still lackluster supplements. PhenQ is a diet pill that relies on too many unproven ingredients to achieve its weight-loss claims. Trimtone, by contrast, is using some well-studied natural ingredients but they are underdosed so you will not get the optimal weight loss results. PhenQ and Trimtone cost $69.95 and $49.99 respectively. At this price bracket, you can easily find better fat burners with a little research.
What do we recommend?
PhenQ vs Trimtone – The Overview
If you’ve been looking into natural diet pills on the internet, chances are that PhenQ was one of the first ones to pop up. With thousands of reviews online, PhenQ is one of the most popular and most hyped fat burner supplements on the market. It comes in clean and professional looking bottles with 30 capsules
So what does PhenQ do?
The key selling point of this product is that it naturally helps you lose weight from 5 angles (making it a 5-in-1 weight loss pill):
- Curbs food cravings
- Boosts the metabolism
- Increases fat breakdown
- Inhibits the production of unwanted fat
- Enhances mood
The question is, does PhenQ really work as advertised? If it can do all of this, then it will rightfully belong in the same sentence as some of the current market-leading weight loss supplements.
To find out if PhenQ is really what it is hyped up to be, we will need to inspect its ingredient profile in detail.
But first, let’s check Trimtone.
Trimtone, similarly to its competitor, is claimed to be a 100% natural solution to help you burn fat 24/7 and lose weight quickly.
Three main benefits of Trimtone are:
- Burns body fat
- Suppresses appetite
- Boosts your metabolism activity
As we’ve said, it’s similar to PhenQ’s claims.
And much like PhenQ, Trimtone is easy to take too: simply take 1 capsule in the morning with water and let the ingredients get to work.
However, this is where the similarities between the two supplements end.
On the one hand, you have PhenQ which costs $69.95 and on the other hand, you have Trimtone which costs $49.99 and has a significantly different ingredient profile.
So, which one is the better value for money? We find out!
PhenQ vs Trimtone – The Ingredients
Here are the ingredients in PhenQ:
- Chromium – an essential trace mineral that helps to support healthy blood sugar levels, contributing to more stable energy and mood throughout the day.
- L-Carnitine – a non-essential amino acid that gets depleted during hard exercise or from injury. In the aforementioned situations, carnitine supplementation can reduce inflammation and promote healing. It does not burn fat to a significant extent, however. Plus, the dosage is far too low in PhenQ – it needs to be in grams to work!
- Caffeine – a stimulant that boosts your energy levels, focus, and metabolism. It can also lead to side effects if you are sensitive.
- Nopal cactus fiber – An ingredient that helps to keep you satiated and full. Not as good as other appetite suppressants though. A 1500mg of glucomannan would be a far better choice. Again, even if nopal cactus fiber was as good, its dosage would need to be in thousands of milligrams, not 20mg!
- Capsicum fruit extract – a natural thermogenic which raises your body’s basal metabolic rate, making you burn more calories throughout the day. Unfortunately, it’s yet another underdosed ingredient in PhenQ. The optimal dosage for capsicum is 150mg per serving.
- Niacin – A type of B vitamin that plays a role in many functions in the body. However, we already get it from food. Additional supplementation not only is ineffective, but also potentially aggravating insulin resistance (which would make it ironic as insulin resistance leads to weight gain). We’re not sure why it was included in PhenQ!
- Black Pepper Extract – This is a bioavailability enhancer. Meaning, it helps you digest other ingredients in PhenQ more easily.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid – Not a great choice. Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) is an antioxidant that is ineffective when it comes to fat burning. What’s worse, it also raises the risk of numerous side effects. Many people report getting nausea, headaches, and liver pain from consistent ALA use.
- L-Cysteine – Cysteine is an amino acid that helps your body make more glutathione, which is a powerful antioxidant important for cell defenses and reducing inflammation. Again, it has no real effect on weight loss.
PhenQ’s formula as a whole is a mixed bag. It has a few great ingredients like caffeine and chromium, but the majority of the formula is either underdosed, ineffective or in the case of ALA, potentially leading to side effects.
PhenQ may give you a bit more energy if you’re consistent with supplementation, thanks to caffeine. But you can achieve similar results by drinking an extra cup of coffee per day. PhenQ is far from the most effective weight loss formula we’ve seen, without question.
Here is a look at Trimtone’s ingredients:
- Caffeine – 120mg of caffeine in Trimtone is enough to give you a “kick” without a massive energy crash later on.
- Green Coffee Extract – Green coffee bean is an ingredient that is low in caffeine, but high in chlorogenic acid. This compound slows the absorption of carbohydrates from the food you eat, which helps to reduce weight gain in the long run.
- Green Tea Extract – It’s a natural thermogenic that not only enhances your energy levels, but it also speeds the rate of fat burning thanks to a molecule in green tea called EGCG.
- Glucomannan – Here we come to the best natural appetite suppressant on the market. Upon absorption, glucomannan swells in your stomach up to 100 times its size, making you feel fuller for longer. The only problem is, that you need at least 1,000mg of glucomannan for it to produce a noticeable effect. The 100mg that is in Trimtone is far too low!
- Grains of Paradise – It is an ingredient that is related to ginger. It is thought to boost the rate of fat burning in the body. However, despite the hype, grains of paradise lack human studies to prove that it can really do anything for weight loss.
Trimtone looks like a slightly better formula than PhenQ, despite having fewer ingredients. This is due to the fact that Trimtone has a completely transparent ingredient label so we know how much of each ingredient we’re getting (by contrast, PhenQ is hiding some ingredient doses behind a tiny proprietary blend).
That said, Trimtone has some major issues of its own. It is still missing some important ingredients for weight loss such as chromium, cayenne pepper extract, and vitamin D3. As for the existing ingredients, most of them are underdosed (including the key appetite suppressant Glucomannan). This makes Trimtone’s formula as a whole fairly ineffective.
You might experience some slight weight loss, but don’t expect magic.
Our Thoughts on Trimtone vs PhenQ’s Ingredients
Trimtone and PhenQ are both lackluster supplements, considering the popularity they enjoy online.
Trimtone has too simple a formula and too many underdosed ingredients to be able to produce substantial weight loss results, whereas PhenQ relies mostly on unproven compounds (similarly, some are underdosed, too) to achieve its fat-burning claims.
If you’re serious about weight loss, neither one will cut it. There are safer and more effective diet pills on the market today.
PhenQ vs Trimtone – Side Effects
Both PhenQ and Trimtone are relatively safe in terms of not causing your major side effects. Both do have 100mg or more of caffeine, so if you’re sensitive to stimulants, it’s best to avoid them.
Having said that, PhenQ is more likely to cause side effects than Trimtone due to its use of ALA.
Cost & Where to Buy?
PhenQ costs $69.95 per bottle (a month’s supply). It is available exclusively on PhenQ’s official website.
Trimtone costs $49.99 per bottle (a month’s supply as well). It too can only be bought from its manufacturer’s website.
Between PhenQ and Trimtone, Trimtone is the clear winner, despite having some issues of its own.
Trimtone has a more streamlined, more transparent formula with safer ingredients. Even though most of its ingredients are underdosed, Trimtone should still help you lose some weight if you pair it with a healthy and clean diet.
PhenQ, on the other hand, is using too many unproven ingredients, and when the ingredients are great, they are below their effective dosage.
We’ll conclude with this: for the price that is being charged for PhenQ and Trimtone, you can easily find weight loss supplements that will give you faster and more concrete results.