Alpha Lion Superhuman Woman Review: here, we’ll be taking a look at a new and innovative powder supplement from the Alpha Lion Superhuman line, which is specifically intended for women.
It’s designed to boost your focus and energy, which, at first, sounds like a pre-workout. But Alpha Lion Superhuman Woman comes with a twist – it also includes ingredients that will reportedly balance your hormones.
This is an interesting approach that very few other supplement companies have taken so far. The best female vitality product we currently know (and some of our team members use) is Kurapeak, but how does Alpha Lion Superhuman Woman stack against the competition?
We’ll be looking at its potential side effects, benefits, ingredient quality, flavors and lots more in this review.
According to Alpha Lion, Superhuman Woman is claimed to:
- Help with female hormones
- Help with mood and stress
- Reduce fatigue and boost energy levels
- Assist in weight loss
- Reduce bloating and cramping
- Hydrates and boosts performances
- Helps with acne
How does it work? Essentially, it has different types of ingredients. Some affect your body’s blood sugar levels so you don’t feel moody and lethargic after a meal but instead maintain a constant in your energy levels.
Other ingredients may assist with direct energy production as well as hormone balance – reducing the stress hormone cortisol while elevating ‘happy’ brain chemicals like serotonin and dopamine.
Sounds good on the paper, but how will Alpha Lion Superhuman Woman work for you? Read on to find out…
How to Take Alpha Lion Superhuman Woman
1 scoop once or twice per day. We even recommend starting with just half a scoop to assess your tolerance. There are some aggressively dosed ingredients in Alpha Lion Superhuman Woman that may give you side effects, so it’s better to start low just in case (more on that below)!
Alpha Lion Superhuman Woman Review: The Ingredients
Here’s the ingredient profile of Superhuman Woman as shown on Alpha Lion’s Website:
Before taking a closer look at each ingredient, we must give props to Alpha Lion for including a fully transparent label. There are no proprietary blends which means we can see each individual dose clearly – allowing us to assess the safety and efficacy of these ingredients.
Okay, so are the ingredients any good? Let’s check.
- Magnesium – excellent for muscle cramps, but there’s only 58mg in Alpha Lion Superhuman Woman, which is only 14% of the RDA! (1)
- Vitamin B6 – natural ‘upper’ vitamin that helps convert food into energy. You’ll feel it only if you’re deficient, though!
- Zinc – a great essential ingredient for hormones, but it’s overdosed at over 35mg per serving, which can lead to negative side effects.
- Folate – also known as vitamin B9, it has many small benefits that you can get if you’re deficient in it, much like with other B vitamins. Not much benefit if you’re already eating a varied diet.
- Chromium – helps balance blood sugars, this is a commonly used ingredient for people with snacking issues. (2)
- Energy Complex – this consists of L-Tyrosine and Ashwagandha which can reduce your stress levels, along with something called “enXtra” which lacks research to be considered a good ingredient for energy. Ashwagandha is underdosed, however.
- Weight Management Complex – Consists of only Acetyl L Carnitine and Cocoa extract which aren’t very strong. This blend is missing an appetite suppressant and a few thermogenic ingredients that would increase your metabolism, this way, it’s ineffective.
- Hormone Balancing Complex – Featuring Chasteberry, DIM, and Myo-Inositol, this complex has some good ingredients, but not enough to have a noticeable impact on your hormone levels. Chasteberry can help reduce symptoms of PMS, while DIM is more often used in male formulas because it can reduce estrogen and boost testosterone. (3) Not a great choice!
- Performance and Hydration Complex – Notable mentions here are Taurine, which optimizes muscle function, along with BioPerine and trace minerals which aid your digestive processes within the body.
Our Thoughts on the Ingredient Profile
There’s a good amount of minerals in Alpha Lion Superhuman Woman. These are essential for overall health, but apart from them, other ingredients don’t look too impressive!
Apart from basic B vitamins which most people get, Superhuman Woman contains many underdosed ingredients, starting with the most important one – Ashwagandha. DIM is not a great choice as it can mess with your hormones, a better option is its precursor found in broccoli called Indole-3-Carbinol (I3C).
L-Tyrosine is great for energy and mood, though! If you’re often stressed, it will help you cope better. EnXtra patented extract is related to the ginger family, and its stimulant effects are not even close to caffeine – so you shouldn’t expect much energy boost from this supplement.
Does Alpha Lion Superhuman Woman Have Side Effects?
Zinc dosage is too high. At 35mg per day, Alpha Lion Superhuman Woman can cause the following side effects:
Make sure to take Alpha Lion Superhuman Woman with a big meal in order to minimize the risk of these side effects!
Otherwise, if you can tolerate high doses of zinc well, you shouldn’t have problems with this supplement. Obviously, consult with your doctor if you have any specific questions as we don’t offer advice here at Quin Candy!
Flavors & Mixability
Currently, there are two available flavors for Alpha Lion Superhuman Woman powder:
- Watermelon Lemon Twist (Mrs. Clausade)
- Pink Lemonade (Lioness Lemonade)
Now, everyone’s tastes are different so we won’t spend too much time commenting on it – but, for anyone curious, the taste wasn’t too artificial and we quite liked it!
As for mixability, it will take a good 30 seconds to fully dissolve with a spoon, but dissolves almost instantly when shaken hard in a shaker bottle.
Alpha Lion Superhuman Woman Review Summary
So that summarizes our Alpha Lion Superhuman Woman review!
Is it worth $59.99 per bottle? We don’t think so.
It’s missing a few important appetite suppressants, energy boosters, and general health ingredients that would really make an impact on your hormone levels and consequently make you feel better mentally.
Not only is it a powder that is inconvenient and hard to dose precisely (some of the ingredients can give you nasty side effects if you overdo them) unlike capsules, some of the ingredients are also poorly dosed.
Then there’s the issue with the price, which quite honestly, can bring much better (and safer) results if you do more research for better options on the market!
- 2 solid flavors
- 1-2 scoops per day
- Good for energy and mood support (thanks to L-Tyrosine and Carnitine)
- Ashwagandha and a few other ingredients are underdosed
- 36mg of zinc per serving – too much, can cause severe cramps, bloating, nausea and gastrointestinal side effects
- DIM can aggressively reduce estrogen, a better option is Indole-3-Carbinol
- Bilbey DL, Prabhakaran VM. Muscle cramps and magnesium deficiency: case reports. Can Fam Physician. 1996;42:1348-1351.
- Landman GW, Bilo HJ, Houweling ST, Kleefstra N. Chromium does not belong in the diabetes treatment arsenal: Current evidence and future perspectives. World J Diabetes. 2014;5(2):160-164. doi:10.4239/wjd.v5.i2.160
- Rajoria S, Suriano R, Parmar PS, et al. 3,3′-diindolylmethane modulates estrogen metabolism in patients with thyroid proliferative disease: a pilot study. Thyroid. 2011;21(3):299-304. doi:10.1089/thy.2010.0245