Here we have Night Shred vs Lean PM comparison.
Our team is going to check their ingredients to see which is more effective at helping you to control appetite and burn more calories at night, as well as which is better value for money overall.
Let’s start with a brief overview to get an idea about what you can expect from both supplements.
[Night Shred vs Lean PM SUMMARY]
While neither of them makes it onto our top list, Lean PM is the winner between the two. It has more effective fat burning ingredients (including EGCG Green Tea Extract), and it costs less than Night Shred ($29.99 vs $35.99 for 30 servings). Lean PM does have some drawbacks of its own, such as missing some key ingredients for weight loss and appetite suppression during the night. In that context, it’s far from the best fat burner we’ve seen. If sleep enhancement is your main goal, then Night Shred and Lean PM are both fine. But if your main goal is to cut unwanted fat, there are better options available on the market.
What do we use?
Night Shred vs Lean PM – The Overview
Night Shred is an all-natural, vegan-friendly, GMO- and soy-free supplement indented to maximize the quality and quantity of your sleep while enhancing your body’s fat burning potential.
Side note: We’ve already done a review of Night Shred if you’re interested in our detailed opinion of the supplement.
It promises to enhance feelings of relaxation and improve the onset of REM sleep. So you feel refreshed and energetic when you wake up.
With 60 capsules per bottle, the dosage for Night Shred is 2 capsules before bedtime.
- While this is a simple and convenient way to take a sleep pill, it’s not the best way to take a fat burner. Most fat burners that actually work use multiple servings per day, 3 or 4 at least. This achieves a continuous delivery of weight-loss ingredients in your system – prolonging their beneficial effects. This is also part of the reason why we haven’t had much success inspecting PM fat burners in the past. With just 1 serving per day, their effects are quite limited and last only a short amount of time.
But how will Night Shred work for you? Let’s first take a look at its competitor, before answering the question in depth by checking their ingredient profiles.
Lean PM by the U.S.-based company Jacked Facotry is a caffeine-free fat loss supplement for both men and women. It is designed to help you burn fat while you sleep, without causing jitters, headaches, or crashes.
- Lean PM comes with 60 capsules per bottle, containing ingredients like Green Tea Extract. We couldn’t find much information on their website regarding the caffeine content of green tea in Lean PM, but it’s safe to assume it’s extremely low or 0 due to the fact that caffeine is contradictory for a sleep supplement.
In addition to helping you burn more fat, Lean PM claims to be an all-natural appetite suppressant. It promises to enhance your sleep without causing you the “hangover-effect” the next morning that is typical of lower-quality sleep aids.
- It too comes with 60 capsules per bottle, and has a serving size of 2 capsules before bedtime, with a glass of water.
With cGMP-approved and FDA-approved manufacturing certificates, it’s clear Lean PM is a quality supplement. But is it better than Night Shred?
Let’s check the ingredients to find out!
Night Shred vs Lean PM – The Ingredients
Both Night Shred and Lean PM have a few ingredients in common; such as magnesium, 5-HTP, and melatonin. The rest of their formulas are unique.
But… which one is better? Let’s check what science says.
Night Shred’s Ingredient Analysis
Night Shred’s ingredient profile doesn’t look too bad, at all.
It contains quite a few herbs and nutrients that should help you with sleep. These include Chamomile, Ashwagandha, and 5-HTP to name just a few.
- Chamomile is well-known for inducing sedation, whereas Ashwagandha works to reduce the stress hormone cortisol, which indirectly helps with both sleep duration and quality. As for 5-HTP, it’s a molecule that turns to serotonin, which is a neurotransmitter that regulates your sleep-wake cycle amongst others.
In terms of fat burning, however, Night Shred looks less impressive. It uses Grains of Paradise, CLA, and L-Carnitine, none of which are among the best weight loss ingredients.
- Grains of Paradise is an ingredient similar to ginger – it improves your digestion and reduces nausea. Some early evidence shows grains of paradise can stimulate cellular processes in your body that cause fat burning. However, the evidence is still slim. We need more human studies before we can confirm how effective – and safe – grains of paradise is to take long-term.
However, these aren’t the only ingredients in Night Shred that aren’t proven to work. GABA, for example, is not useful as a supplement, because it can’t cross the blood-brain barrier due to its large molecular weight. Our brain likes to make its own GABA and keep it there. Then there is Magnesium, which comes as oxide in Night Shred. This is the worst form of magnesium due to its low absorption rate and high risk of causing diarrhea.
On the whole then, Night Shred looks like a mixed bag. It has some good ingredients, especially when it comes to sleep support, but it underdelivers in the “Shred” part. There is just one ingredient with some potential weight loss effects, and that is Grains of Paradise. But even that one is not as researched as some better ingredients that could’ve been included in Night Shred, such as cayenne pepper extract and glucomannan (konjac fiber). If Night Shred had replaced some of the ineffective and unproven ingredients with the ones we just mentioned, it would be more effective at reducing hunger and improving metabolism.
Even if the ingredients in Night Shred were all proven, we still can’t see their doses due to them being in proprietary blends. This is another major issue with the supplement that prevents us from knowing how effective and safe it really is.
Lean PM’s Ingredient Analysis
Here is the ingredient label of Lean PM:
As you will see, the ingredient profile of Lean PM by Jacked Factory looks quite different from its competitor. For one, it includes ingredients like Green Tea Extract, Black Pepper Extract, L-Theanine, and Vitamin B6. Some of which are are favorites.
- Vitamin B6 plays a role in regulating your mood, as well as supporting the conversion of carbohydrates into usable energy.
- EGCG from Green Tea is a proven antioxidant that not only supports your general health, but it also is known to revv up the metabolism so you burn more calories (yes, even while sleeping!).
- Then there is the standard 5-HTP and Melatonin combination for improving sleep, which we’ve already discussed in the Night Shred ingredient analysis above.
Do we think Lean PM is the best PM fat burner we’ve seen? Definitely not the best.
The reason is that Lean PM has some major issues of its own.
For one, it is not as effective as Night Shred when it comes to sleep support. This is simply due to the fact that it has fewer ingredients for sleep – just 5-HTP and Melatonin. We don’t count magnesium because it comes as a mix of Magnesium Citrate and Magnesium Oxide – and we don’t know how much of that is the ineffective oxide.
Compare this to Night Shred, which has chamomile, valerian, passionflower, in addition to 5-HTP and melatonin.
The one advantage that Lean PM has over Night Shred is that is has better fat loss ingredients. Specifically, it has Green Tea Extract and Black Pepper Extract. These two work with each other to enhance the fat burning in the body and the bioavailability of other ingredients.
You may say, but doesn’t Lean PM have fewer weight loss ingredients than Night Shred, so how is it better? The answer is simple: despite having fewer ingredients, they are more effective and better researched. Night Shred’s weight loss ingredients aren’t shown to induce a level of weight loss that is significant enough to produce lasting results. By contrast, the green tea extract in Lean PM is shown to help improve your body composition.
Therefore, overall, the winner of this section is Lean PM. Although it is not as strong of a sedative as Night Shred, it is still good enough to improve your overall sleep quality, while also helping with fat burn to some extent. But, as we said, Lean PM is still far from the best fat burner we’ve seen.
Night Shred vs Lean PM – Side Effects
Neither Night Shred nor Lean PM are known to cause major side effects. It makes sense, when you see their ingredients. They are all well-researched in terms of their safety. The doses also appear to be on the lighter end on both supplements, even though we can’t see some of them exactly in Night Shred.
Having said that, Night Shred does have a slightly higher risk of side effects. This is for two reasons: it has some ingredient doses hidden, and it uses magnesium oxide, which, as we’ve said, can cause stomach upset in some people.
Cost & Where to Buy?
Night Shred is available both on Amazon and its manufacturer’s website, where it costs $35.99 for 30 servings. This makes it the more expensive supplement of the two.
Lean PM costs $29.99 for a bottle of 60 capsules (30 servings). It is available on the official website as well as on big retailers sites like Amazon.
Between the two, which is better: Night Shred or Lean PM?
In our experience, Lean PM is the better supplement, despite having some big drawbacks of its own. For one, Lean PM has more researched and more effective ingredients overall – including Green Tea Extract and BioPerine.
Night Shred, despite having more sleep-enhancing ingredients, uses proprietary blends so you can’t see their doses. For the price of $35.99, better supplements can be found in this price bracket.
While Lean PM offers better value for money than Night Shred, we still don’t recommend it as one of the very best fat burner supplements. If weight loss is your primary concern, then do have a look at some other options. There are definitely better ones available on the market.
Looking for fat burners connected to real results?